When you have a toddler, summer days can be very long. Toddlers love running, dumping, pouring and generally creating havoc. The only way to keep them still and in one place is to engage them in fun and creative activities. Coming up with new and inventive ideas ever day of Summer is not an easy task (even more so than the cleaning up afterwards!). But fear not, curated here, are five activities that are fun and easy (and require very little work, phew!) to keep your toddler happy and entertained this summer:
- MAKE PRINTS FROM BUBBLE WRAP –This is a fun activity which only requires some paint (something that will stick to the plastic bubble wrap) and a paper! Just roll some colour onto the bubble wrap and press a piece of paper on top of it. The result will be splotches of vibrant and beautiful colour. A masterpiece waiting to be stuck on the fridge! Create rainbow, sunset sunrise patterns or just random splotches!
- PAINT WITH ROLLING PINS– This is another fun (and easy!) activity that you can enjoy with your kids. Simply wrap the bubble wrap around the pin, and with the help of some paint and paper, you can create works of art! The paint as well as the rolling motion will definitely keep your toddlers entertained.
- POOL NOODLE RACE TRACK__Kids will love this activity. For this activity take a pool noodle and cut it in half (vertically). Then pin the two halve of the noodle together with as many toothpicks as you want (don’t forget to use pliers to pull the toothpicks flush against the sides of the noodle so the car can move easily) and prop it up on a chair or a table and voila! You have your very own racetrack! This activity will not only keep kids engaged while playing with their cars but they will also enjoy decorating their own side of the racetrack.
- MAKE ICE-CREAM __ You scream, I scream…you know how the saying goes. Well, this fun idea will definitely have your kids screaming with joy. A fun way to beat the heat of the summer and keep your kids interested, ice-cream recipes are so easy to come by and most of them don’t even require an ice cream maker! The mess that your kitchen will be in is so worth the yummy results.
- BUILD A SECRET FORT __ The best thing about having a toddler is that no one judges you for activities like these. When you’re tired from all the running around and noises, you can wind down with this perfect and versatile idea! Build a fort in your living room and enjoy snacking on delicious fruits (or candies, yay!) and watching your favourite Disney films (you know you love them secretly). Or hang over sheets in your back yard over low-lying branches or strategically place tables and chairs and enjoy a fun picnic and enjoy the beautiful summer day!
So go ahead and enjoy this summer without the fear of “What do we do?!” with these activities!